Chartered Energy Manager FEI FIET
Winner of the 2016 Energy Awards Outstanding Industry Contribution/Energy Champion award
Over 5 years of diverse energy consultancy experience has been built upon an industry-leading background heading up the energy function at Marks & Spencer. Achievements included savings of around 30% over 5 years (£23m p.a. by 2012), energy architecture of world-famous Plan A and, most importantly, building the best energy team to do it all.
Involved in extensive training programmes, from design to delivery, across the energy field and to addressed to all levels of personnel.
A very wide and deep knowledge of both the supply and demand side of the energy equation gained in a highly commercialized and pressured environment.
An ideal “critical friend” to review organisations’ energy endeavours and suggest improvements in efficiency and practice.
A high profile figure in the energy industry who is a regular speaker and commentator on issues affecting the energy sector as well as a judge for award programmes and author of numerous papers and blogs with personal but challenging views.
5 key specialisms:
1. Major involvement in designing and delivering energy management training solutions to an advanced level, mainly through chartered professional bodies but also on a bespoke basis for high profile clients.
2. High level knowledge and experience of the ESOS regulatory process and the commercial opportunities it presents for end-users of energy. This from designing and delivering training on ESOS to over 250 Lead Assessors as well as practical involvement with a wide range of organisations.
3. Strategic energy planning and policy design to help companies, and public sector bodies, of all sizes reduce both their supply and demand risk from energy price volatility and supply issues.
4. Provision of insight for services organisations into client perspective and market approaches.
5. Applied thought leadership in changing the way organisations view their energy commitments.