Deanston Cooper, working with Renewables Jobshop, has a client which is a leading renewable energy company specialising in the development of wave energy technology. They developed the world’s largest working hydro-electric wave energy device which was launched in 2009 and are now in the process of commercialising the product. As a result of this they are looking to appoint a Manufacturing Manager to be based in their Edinburgh Office.
The Manufacturing Manager will be critical to the company delivering on its cost reduction targets while maintaining quality specification, schedule and budget. Through their fabrication experience, the Manufacturing Manager will provide direct input, and set up suitable systems and processes, to ensure cost-effective and timely completion of all fabrication contracts.
Responsibilities include the suitability of design for manufacture, identification, selection of fabrication contractors, successful management of contracts, and ensuring the successful completion against defined criteria. The successful candidate will be responsible for preparing the company for scaling up manufacturing operations to meet business plan targets.
The successful candidate will have:
- Extensive experience managing lump sum fabrication contracts, ideally including project management on behalf of the fabricator and the client
- Extensive on site experience with large steel Fabrication Contractors, including work as a client representative
- Experience of working on site with fabrication in non-steel materials, such as composites
- Experience in lump sum contracts
- Familiarity with fabricator quality control and inspection
- Experience working with small, multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience of the development of fabrication quality and management systems
- Strong communication skills and the ability to build relationships with Fabrication Contractors
- Excellent problem solving skills
In return you will be rewarded with a competitive salary, company share options, pension and private healthcare plus continued professional development reflecting the value the company places in its staff and their contribution to the company.
To apply, please go to https://www.renewablesjobshop.co.uk/jobs/743326/manufacturing-fabrication-manager.asp