R & D Chemical Engineer – Pyrolysis – Oxford, Salary £40-50K – chemical process engineering, Pyrolysis, biomass, rigs, R & D Laboratory, scale-up, pilot plant, organic chemistry, thermal processing.
Cranleigh Scientific is looking to assemble, in a facility near Oxford, a committed team of Chemical / Process engineers to bring forward Research & Development activities of a company that is developing cost efficient processes for fuel production from Biomass.
The Team will transform the proof of concept into commercial reality. We are looking for dedicated individuals who are comfortable with the uncertainties and pressures of a fast moving start-up company and strive in an entrepreneurial environment that offers innovation, freedom and opportunities to make a difference. Creativity, common sense, can-do attitude are just a few of the attributes we are looking for, in addition to proven technical expertise.
Description of Position
For this position we are looking for a Chemical/Process Engineer with strong academic qualifications and relevant experience that can be applied to pyrolysis of biomass. A good practical and theoretical understanding of thermal processing technologies such as pyrolysis and the underlying organic chemistry basics is expected. This position will involve a lot of hands-on work with experimental rigs and the candidate must have prior practical experience in building and running R&D equipment.
A good understanding of process control and data collection equipment would be beneficial and good MS Office skills are a must. Training and additional support will be available from the contractor currently driving the pyrolysis development.
Responsibilities for the position are:
• To design, build and run thermal conversion plants at lab/pilot scale for the decomposition of biomass feedstock into gas, char and organic liquids
• To collect and analyse experimental data as well as model the results
• To drive the innovation process for the pyrolysis process
• To work closely with the in-house support team of engineering technicians and students
• To interface with the in-house and external analytical lab resources
• To interface with external pyrolysis project partners
Salary in the range 40-50k dependent upon experience.