Energy Live Jobshop’s job of the week is for an Energy Manager who will identify and deliver measurable reductions in energy use (water, gas & electricity) & linked carbon emissions.
Key responsibilities will be
- Identifying, prioritising & resolving opportunities to improve poor energy performance at both a technical and operational level at nominated commercial and branch properties.
- Develop action plans for each property and engage the Energy team with clear objectives for energy reduction whilst ensuring that the site operational needs are not unduly compromised
- Reviewing, through continuous monitoring, improvements in energy consumption and communicating outcomes and issues with supply chain partners and client key energy – interested- staff.
- Provide concise reports for each property defining each energy saving actions and collating the quantified evidence of their success
- Consumption management – Utilising – day 1′ data to ensure any abnormal utility usage is picked up in a timely manner.
- Achieving results through direct actions
- Reporting to the Energy Demand Manager
- Energy auditing and investment planning
- Provide training where appropriate and raise best practice awareness with all site stakeholders
- Energy Data Analysis
- Decision Making based on evidence and sustainable outcome measures
- Effective Time Management
- Excellent Communication and influencing skills
- Innovation and change
- Concise and accurate reporting
- Strong analytical and statistical probing skills essential
- Ability to find solutions to complex problems
- In depth technical understanding of building services and systems (HVAC, Lighting, Refrigeration, ITC etc) and energy baseline methodology
- Thorough appreciation of site operations and procedures in line with clients and stakeholders demands
- Being passionate about working outside normal client boundaries
- Enjoy promoting a dry subject
- Great persistence in seeking continual improvement
- Gains satisfaction from achieving results in spite of barriers.
- Able to promote Energy awareness with the clients technical and none technical senior management and staff alike.
- There will be a need to travel within the region as well as some home/office based working, however you may be required from time to time to work throughout the UK.
- Ideally you will have good working knowledge of building services and the associated control systems and a general understanding of energy management, however specific training and further education will be provided where necessary.
- Demonstrate empathy and positive change behaviour within both the client staff and supply chain Partners.
To apply, please click here.