Our client, a global energy supplier, seeks a Propositions Manager to join their team. Reporting into the Head of Marketing & Products, the primary purpose of the job is to develop a strategic Proposition Plan and proactively implement this with minimal support to improve the relative competitive position of the UK Retail business. This will be achieved by taking into account a number of inputs including for example innovation forum ideas; sales force requirements, regulatory opportunities and market insight. These Propositions will need to combine both Products and Service and equally importantly will need to incorporate delivery both internally and externally. Propositions will need to be viable and add value to EBITDA.
- To develop and implement a Strategic Propositions Plan
- To develop a robust Proposition Development Process
- To analyse sales opportunities; innovation ideas; market trends/insight and regulatory developments as input to Propositions
- To proactively deliver to the business new Propositions and manage them through their lifetime optimising value to EBITDA
- Define and implement operational processes; collaborating with internal teams to effectively deliver Propositions to Sales Team and to Customers
- Manage and develop a team of people across a number of disciplines
Knowledge and Skills:
- Thorough knowledge of a Regulated Market (preferably UK); knowledge of energy advantage
- A detailed understanding of Proposition development and delivery at a Strategic and Operational Level
- An in depth knowledge of the concepts and principles of marketing
- Excellent people management and coaching skills
- The ability to identify profitable opportunities to develop the retail business with an appreciation of financial performance and Proposition profitability
- Good communication and presentation skills with the ability to articulate complex concepts clearly
- Significant proven experience (6-8 years) of Proposition development in a regulated industry (preferably UK or similar), particularly in competitive B2B markets
- Proven experience of managing complex product and contractual instruments
- Proven experience of managing and coaching a diverse team of people directly or indirectly
- Experience of providing good internal customer service
- University degree or equivalent
- Marketing Qualification (Chartered Institute of Marketing or recognised equivalent)
The role is based in Leeds, good salary base with a company car/car allowance and up to 25% bonus opportunity. In addition, there is an excellent benefits package on offer. This is a brand new role due to expansion and there are lots of opportunities for progression within the organisation.
To find out more, please get in touch by emailing Catherine McLean or calling her on 020 7448 8599.