The client, a global energy supplier and generator seeks a Forecasting Manager to join their team in the Northwest. The Forecasting Manager is responsible for managing a team of Forecasting Analysts to meet the growing needs of the company, reporting directly to the Head of Global Trading. The role will involve ensuring the day-to-day production of forecasts for all regions and commodities and the ongoing management and development of the forecasting function.
• Lead, support and motivate the Forecasting Analysts.
• Manage the forecasting models for all regions and commodities where our client is active.
• Measure the performance of forecasting models against actual data and query any discrepancies with relevant stakeholders.
• Identify and implement any improvements to forecasting models as required, working alongside the IT Team.
• Report on demand/generation forecast performance to Management.
• Reconcile imbalance invoices, and liaise with counterparts at parent company to raise any discrepancies and to resolve queries.
• Analyse system prices to assess the likely financial impact of any imbalances.
Skills and Competencies
The role holder will be expected to demonstrate the following competencies;
• Strong analytical skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, able to deal effectively with queries and build relationships with internal and external parties.
• Excellent IT skills, with proven working knowledge of MS Office including advanced MS Excel.
• Excellent attention to detail and a high level of accuracy in all areas of work.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• The initiative to propose solutions and to take action independently, and the confidence to effectively challenge the status quo.
• Able to prioritise within a busy challenging environment.
• Able to work well as part of a team as well as individually.
• Previous experience in an energy demand forecasting role.
• Educated to degree level or equivalent qualification (or commensurate work experience in a relevant area).
The salary is competitive with an excellent benefits package. The company is growing and there are opportunities within the business for progression.
To find out more, please get in touch by emailing Catherine McLean or calling her on 020 7448 8599.