The client, a well-respected energy supplier, seeks a Strategic Account Director to join their team. Operating within the newly formed Relationship Management function (RM) the individual will build strategic business relationships with senior decision makers within key strategic accounts, building solutions that will create new customer value and create incremental sales growth. Through a joined up solutions and challenger sales approach establish themselves as a trusted advisor, aligning our client’s business functions to deliver customer propositions with enduring long term value.
The following knowledge, skill and experience is required:
- Experience at working with a consultative or challenger sales approach
- A good understanding of how large FTSE 250 businesses and organisations operate; working across multiple product and delivery verticals operating under different business models
- An understanding of the challenges facing B2B customers and in the decision making process across diverse industry sectors
Essential Skills and Experience
- 5 – 10 years’ experience in strategic account management and business development. Or deep experience in a commercially focused general management role
- Has built a pipeline of sales opportunities from scratch and has proven success in new markets or with new solutions
- Has a demonstrable track record of delivering growth
- Experience of working in big company environments (in both the public and private sectors) and be proficient in managing your peers and senior stakeholders to enable you to meet our commercial objectives
- Experienced at working to a consultative or ‘challenger’ sales approach and have adopted processes to replicate this in your client base
- Has gravitas and presence, is able to make a quick impact on the phone or in person, engages in a natural and easy way with people from diverse backgrounds and roles, is comfortable operating at C-level both internally and externally
- Has a challenging and understanding approach, is able to build positive long term relationships with customers
- Demonstrate an innovative and inquisitive style. Digs deep and seeks an in depth understanding of customers’ business and markets
This is a great opportunity with a company that is growing and committed to developing their employees. The salary is competitive with a company car and bonus. Location is home based.
To find out more, please get in touch by emailing Catherine McLean or calling her on 020 7448 8599.