The client, a well- known full service utility company, seeks a Head of Strategic Accounts to join their rapidly growing organisation. Helping businesses with designing and installing infrastructure projects as well as tackling all kinds of inspection, repair and maintenance, whatever their clients need, they can be relied on to deliver in conjunction with energy services.
Reporting into the Director of Relationship Management, the Head of Strategic Accounts will lead, manage and direct the newly formed Strategic Accounts sales team as part of the B2B Relationship Management (RM) function.
Working to form relationships with key strategic accounts taking products and services to market to create incremental sales growth delivering £30m p.a. incremental new profit. Through a joined up approach focusing on high value customers at a senior level working closely across the RM functions to deliver customer propositions with enduring long term value.
Knowledge, Skills and Expertise
- A deep understanding of consultative or challenger sales approach with an ability to put in place processes and training to replicate this to your team
- Good broad commercial understanding to ensure has credibility when operating at C-level
- A solid understanding of how large businesses operate; working across multiple product and delivery verticals operating under different business models.
- Understanding of the challenges and intricacies of operating successfully within a matrix management structure in a large and complex organisation
- An understanding of the challenges facing B2B customers and of their decision making processes and criteria across diverse industry sectors
- Knowledge of the energy and energy services markets; competitor positioning, current market dynamics and developments with the evolving challenges these bring
- Delivery of a commoditised business model that achieves a successful end-to-end “Solutions” approach to strategic customers
- A good understanding of the M&E Contracting and/or Facilities Management market
Essential Skills and Experience
- 10 – 15 years’ experience in business development and strategic account sales with more than 5 years’ experience leading a team of high performing strategic account managers and business development professionals in a sales management or leadership role
- Built success in new markets or with new solutions and have a demonstrable track record of delivering pipeline growth
- Experience of big company environments (in both the public and private sectors), be comfortable in working within complex matrices and proficient in managing your peers and senior stakeholders to enable you to meet our commercial objectives
- Displays high levels of presence and gravitas with the ability to become a trusted advisor at C-level and to influence internal business unit Managing Directors
The salary is up to £85,000 base with a company car and 20% bonus opportunity. An excellent benefits package is also on offer. The location is home based with extensive travel throughout the UK.
To find out more, please get in touch by emailing Catherine McLean or calling her on 020 7448 8599.