The client, an ambitious new technology company aiming to provide the marketplace to connect, control and actively manage a large network of existing energy generating / energy using / energy storing products connected to the electricity grid seeks a Commercial Analyst.
This role is part of their Commercial team whose purpose is to create revenue and profit by delivering compelling solutions for customers and partners. Building strong relationships with key customers and partners that we will convert into framework contracts that include a binding commitment to participate in the early field trials of our client’s technology and, later, into a national rollout.
The early focus of this customer engagement is to build strong business cases that reflect the tangible value that can be delivered through working with our client. The Commercial Analyst role is critical to achieving this by providing market / customer knowledge, developing initial commercial models, and supporting the development of these relationships.
Working closely with the Commercial Manager, the key deliverables and responsibilities of the Commercial Analyst include;
- Development of initial customer-specific commercial models based on customer data that identifies the customer flexibility and the revenue streams available from optimisation by our client.
- Maintain a watching brief on market and competitor developments that could affect the value generated by our client for the customer.
- Support the development of key customer relationships, including background research, attendance at meetings, and maintaining customer records.
- Conduct ad hoc analysis into specific market issues impacting customers.
The ideal person will have a degree, be numerate, and the following experience:
- At least 3 years’ in one or more sectors of the electricity industry (preferably in a DNO, renewable or other generation organisation, or the wider electricity market);
- Analysing customer and / or commercial opportunities, gained within a rigorous corporate environment; and
- Interaction with customers or a focus on customer requirements.
The salary for this role is up to £50,000 base, there are also share options. The location is London with some travel to their other office. This is a really exciting opportunity to join a dynamic and innovative start up.
Please get in touch if you are interested by emailing [email protected] or 027 448 8599.