Our client, a large water utility company, seeks a Sales Business Development Manager to join their team. This is a new role due to expansion. The successful applicant does not need to be from a water background however a strong preference is given to a utility background (energy or telecommunications).
The main responsibilities include:
- Generates new income opportunities, using own contacts and with existing customer base with focus on Retail and added value service in order to exceed profitable revenue targets against the Business Plan and budget.
- Interprets customer requirements into technical solutions and prepares commercial proposals and contract documentation.
- Pursues and closes technical projects and assists the delivery process through seamless transition to Service Delivery.
- Delivers with a customer first mindset, building key customer relationships to retain, develop and grow the business.
- Works with delivery colleagues to spot opportunities and challenges processes and practices for continuous improvement with the customer at the heart of decision making.
The essential skills include:
- Proven track record in business development and ability to close deals
- Strategic solution sales capability
- Proven leadership capability and behaviours
- Effective communicator and IT competent
- Working knowledge of commercial and industrial market sectors and customers
The salary is £45,000 – £55,000 base with a company car/car allowance and bonus. The role is home based covering Central England. Please get in touch with Catherine McLean on 0207 448 8599 or[email protected]