Our client, a well-known energy utility, seeks a Senior Business Development Manager to join
their team. The role will be responsible for developing and maintaining direct and indirect sales channels, specifically focussed on Energy Services / Energy Performance Contracts. This will require a background of developing key C-Suite relationships in a related environment whose energy spend is in excess of £2m per annum, whilst driving internal teams to develop compelling solutions.
The successful candidate will have a significant knowledge of the energy supply, energy efficiency and Energy Performance Partnership markets. In addition they need to have the following skills and knowledge:
- Demonstrable knowledge of managing Profit & Loss accounts or modelling of sales Gross/Net Margins.
- Expected to hold a Degree or significant equivalent industry experience.
- Strong technical and commercial skills in energy efficient systems with direct experience of delivering sales of energy saving projects.
- Knowledge of project financing offerings and ability to build complex models.
- Ability to network at C suite level and influence decision making
- Experience of multi-level relationship solution selling
- Ability to articulate complex energy-saving solutions including costs and savings calculations
- Must work in a clear and methodical manner with complete transparency
- Must be experienced in working to and developing governance around solutions
- Must be able to plan work and deliver to agreed deadlines
- Team management experience
The salary on this opportunity is £50,000 – £60,000 base with a car allowance or company car as well as a bonus and generous benefits package. The role is home based. Please get in touch with Catherine McLean on 0207 448 8599 to discuss.