£45,000 plus 20% Commission
Our client are a business energy provider in the UK. They are the largest industrial and commercial natural gas supplier in the UK, with a large European Power and Gas Portfolio. They are looking to hire two new exciting positions to cover the European Markets in the Power and Gas Forecasting Teams.
Basis of Role
- To work as the leader of a team that forecasts the demand and manages the risk of TGPM’s European Power Portfolio, managing two members of staff.
- The reporting performed by this team is a key input into portfolio procurement decisions and therefore has the capacity to significantly impact profitability.
- Through accurate forecasting and analysis of risk the post-holder will aid procurement decision-making and help reduce balancing costs.
- Reporting on and analysing a Large portfolio
- Development short term demand forecasting methodologies for the European electricity portfolio. Ensure that models/processes used are accurate and facilitate a timely delivery of data to the Procurement team.
- Suggest improvements to the efficiency and accuracy of existing operational tasks
Management Information Reporting
- Analyse system prices which may lead to high imbalance costs
Communication, Service & Teamwork
- Ensuring that each of the Marketing entities communicate data required to the Power Operations team to enable smooth running of the day to day activities, flagging up data and process issues when necessary
Experience and Skills required
- Previous commercial experience within the electricity industry
- Previous managerial experience (at least 1 year)
- Degree in a numerate/analytical discipline e.g. Economics, Statistics, Computer Science
- Strong analytical ability
- Strong communication skills; ability to communicate technical arguments to non-technical audiences
- Good knowledge of Microsoft applications, in particular Excel and Access
- Knowledge of SQL
For more information and to apply for this excellent opportunity. Please get in touch by calling 02074488599 or email your CV to [email protected]