Up to £46,000 + excellent benefits
A leading company in the Heat sector are seeking a Thermal Modeller to join their dynamic team in Central London. This role will see you carry out thermal modelling Heat schemes to enable design engineers to size and design plant equipment and the commercial team to make investment decisions based on anticipated heat and cooling sales revenue.
- Undertake CIBSE steady-state method through the use of an industry approved software to determine the capacity of main heating and cooling equipment.
- Carry Dynamic Simulation Modelling (DSM) at sub-hourly timesteps to advise the business on the anticipated heating and cooling revenues, distribution losses,
- Responsible to devise specifications for commercial and contractual purposes in-line with BSRIA frameworks or other applicable institutions
- Produce a design risk assessment report focused on eliminating hazards and reducing risks in-line with CDM 2015 Designer Roles and Responsibilities
- The Lead Mechanical Design Engineer will be expected to manage relationships with external stakeholders and work closely with internal stakeholders to gain support.
Ideally you will:
- At least 5 to 10 years’ experience in mechanical services design for Heat networks (CHP/ District Heating/ Cooling)
- Strong understanding of current Building Regulations
- Engineering chartered membership
- Applicant must hold a relevant engineering degree, e.g.: Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Design of networks in compliance with EN 13941
- Track record in delivering energy centres and heating/cooling networks to RIBA Stage 4 requirements
- Strong experience with AutoCAD
- Experienced in engaging with local planning authorities to present technical solutions in-line with local, regional, national and international policies and requirements
- Good experience in large-scale decentralised energy solutions from inception to detailed design
- Experienced in working as part of a team in a highly pressurised environment
This is an exciting opportunity and company to work in if you are looking to progress your career with a market leader. To find out more, please contact me on 0207 448 8599/ [email protected]