Salary: £80,000-100,000 (per annum) + Benefits + Optional Shares
Location: Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
Job Type: Permanent
Hours: Full Time
Start Date: Dec 10, 2016
VP Product Manager (IoT/Smart)
Our client are a global success story in Lighting Control. They have plans to add new Smart City/Internet of Things (IoT) applications they now have a new position for the VP of Product Management.
The VP of Product Management develops and drives the product strategy, obtains and tracks company commitments up to successful customer delivery.
The role will work alongside IoT/Smart Sales to provide quality customer commitments and Developments to control delivery and manage churn. The VP of Product Management responsibilities will include personally contributing and leading his team to:
- Provide long-term roadmap review and analysis in support of offer management
- Achieve strategic customers and partners roadmap alignment
- Define scope with key use cases and description of new offer phases and new features
- Define partnering needs and drive partnering engagements
- Prepare and coordinate inputs, obtain consensus on main options, agree key trade-offs and risks ahead of meeting
- Define the system release scope and descriptions
- Lead Commercial Decision Gate preparation and chair the meetings
- Lead product and feature churn management with late adder process and Commitment Review
- Track system release commitments up to delivery Ready For Acceptance Gate and first successful customer launch
- Define end-of-life strategy and implementation for products and system releases
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- 10 years’ experience as product manager leader in the IoT / Telecom / Internet / IT industries
- Demonstrable capacity to deeply understand market drivers and define a product strategy in the client’s arena
- Strong commercial understanding to build quality business cases
- Strong negotiation skills and demonstrable ability to influence and reach consensus with key decision makers
- Generalist technical knowledge in Lighting/IoT/Smart.
- Fast-learner capability to gain detailed knowledge of company products and applications
- In deep knowledge of the typical development process and control functions
- Proactive with a can do attitude
- Experience of presenting at conferences
For more information and to apply for this exciting opportunity to work with one of the fastest growing companies within IoT and Smart Infrastructure. Please send your CV to [email protected] or call us on 02074488599.