Our client, a global Facilities Management business, seeks a Business Development Manager to join their team. The purpose of the role is to secure profitable new business from initial contact to agreement signature as part of a dedicated team seeking opportunities in Healthcare and Education, whilst working closely with Operations, Projects, Legal, Commercial and other support staff.
The Business Development Manager will join part of a team to continue to develop a healthy pipeline in the Healthcare and Education sectors who have a target to generate in year margin of £1m. Other duties will include:
- Responsibility for the development of new hard Facilities Management schemes, from tendering through to financial close
- Overseeing the business development process from initial interest through to submission of detailed proposals for new schemes including managing interfaces and resources from other parts of energy services (engineering, finance etc.)
- Managing the governance process for submission of bids and entering into contracts
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Experience in the Healthcare or Education industry
- Working on bids and selling hard Facilities Management solutions to customers
- Proven track record of closing opportunities
- Extensive customer facing / relationship building expertise, to work directly with senior customers
- Ability to interpret legal agreements, extrapolate data and understand complex deliverables
- Ability to work / interface directly with key customers, external stakeholders and internal stakeholders
The salary for this opportunity is £50,000-£60,000 base with a car allowance, bonus and generous benefits package on top. Location is fairly flexible, someone based in London or the Midlands would be preferred. Please get in touch with Catherine McLean at McLean Ross to discuss.