Our client is an ambitious new technology company at the forefront of the energy revolution. They are building a technology platform that cleverly manages small scale generation, demand, and storage to; reduce network costs, enable more green generation and ensure electricity is always available for our customers. By using existing assets and without disrupting the core things businesses have to do they can reduce costs and create new revenue streams for partners who work with them.
Due to expansion, they are recruiting a Head of Business Development to join their team. Reporting into the Commercial Director, the Head of Business Development will take ownership for the business development and growth of the business in the balancing and capacity markets.
The role includes shaping pricing and profitability plans and overall “Go To” market strategy and leading a team to implement. Responsibility will also include helping shape and sell propositions, delivering solutions and giving real benefits to their clients, their customers, and to the business.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
- Specific experience in the energy services market with a focus on ancillary service provision and use
- Existing experience in the solution selling and delivery of Energy Solutions to the utility, commercial enterprise and renewable energy sectors
- Ability to interface and empathize with key customers at various levels of seniority and function is key including C level executives, IT, marketing and technical personnel
- Good working knowledge of energy efficiency solutions and the use of Smart Grid applications including the value proposition towards clients
- Capability to lead a sales and BD team towards a set of common financial, customer and business goals – understanding of value based selling
The salary for this role is c£80,000 base with up to a 30% bonus opportunity. Share options are also on offer for the successful candidates. The role is based in London. Please get in touch with Catherine McLean at McLean Ross to apply.