Our client, an ambitious smart grid technology start up, seeks a Commercial Lawyer to join their team. Reporting into The Head of Energy Storage this role will be based in London.
This role is vital to our client’s growth plans in providing in house commercial-law expertise on commercial arrangements and contracts development /review to support the roll out of both innovative flexibility management solutions, and energy storage deployments across industrial/commercial sites, renewables and utility network locations.
Key responsibilities include:
- Contracts development and review, supporting customer trials and commercial project deployments, including:
- NDAs & MoUs for customer engagement and protection of our client’s IP
- PPAs and site lease arrangements to assess potential restrictions, barriers to deployments
- Development of full service agreements for flexibility management (covering for e.g. hardware installation, energy asset optimization)
- Development of energy storage supply, service contracts and operations to protect the interests, liabilities and IP of our client
- Project EPC Contracts and supply/delivery/field-force partnership contracts
- DNO/Client Connection Agreement amendments / reviews
- Support the review of upstream service & framework contracts with National Grid, DNOs and other utilities
- Taking a lead on legal matters relating to employee share agreements
The ideal candidate will be a qualified solicitor with a law degree, and at least 5 years’ experience of commercial law, in the energy or technology sectors, specifically related to one or more sectors of the electricity industry (e.g. a DSR, energy supplier/trader, network operator, renewable or similar organization);
The salary for this full time position is £80,000 – £90,000 base. Please get in touch with Catherine McLean at McLean Ross to discuss.