£50,000 – £80,000
An outstanding Data Scientist (Hadoop, Big Data, SAS, R, Java, statistical modelling) is required by a global company to join their growing data science team. You are needed in order to assist in defining and lead on the delivery of data science solutions across their business.
You will be responsible for:
- Translating business problems into analytics use cases and requirements.
- Defining and developing solutions based on data science methods, tools and algorithms in response to some of the most challenging business problems faced by company’s consumers.
- Analysing data using advanced analytics methods and tools.
- Building explanatory and predictive models.
- Planning data assets and data products portfolio.
- Identifying business hypotheses and metrics.
- Senior stakeholder management and assurance on data science solutions.
Required experience and skills:
- Creative approach and passion for solving complex problems using scientific methods.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience in leading and managing teams.
- Big Data (Hadoop)
- Excellent communication and client facing skills.
- Statistical modelling using SAS or R.
- Software engineering experience (e.g Python, Java, C++).
- Data modelling and data architecture skills.
For more information and to apply, please get in touch with [email protected] .com. James specialises in placing Data Scientists/Data Analysts into the Energy and Utilities sector. If this role isn’t for you, please feel free to drop him an email to discuss other opportunities within the space.