£80,000 – £100,000
This is an opportunity with a innovative IoT business focused on the utilities industry. You will have the opportunity to lead and work with Data Subject Matter Experts. This role will allow you lead a relatively large team and to demonstrate a high level of solution-providing and problem-solving skills.
- Lead the team in turning raw data material into advanced insights.
- Lead a team of data scientists to design new data products and develop new big data capabilities.
- Routinely use and further enhance advanced machine learning/AI and statistical learning methods.
- Leverage other open source machine learning software/algorithms.
- Work closely with their third party vendor to drive innovate solutions to optimise data.
- Provide thought leadership for research in machine learning and data science.
- Attract and recruit top talent in data science.
- Identify relevant technology and science trends and engage with external industrial or academic partners.
We are looking for:
- MSc or PhD in Computer Science, Statistics, Operations Research, Engineering, Mathematics, Economics, Physics, or a related quantitative field.
- Proven track record of working with big data to develop innovative data products and capabilities and extract actionable insights.
- Expert knowledge of machine learning and statistical modelling methods for supervised and unsupervised learning.
- Programming skills in Python, R, Scala, Spark.
- Strong knowledge of databases and related languages/tools such as SQL, NoSQL, Hive, etc.
- Strong people, leadership and managerial skills.
For more information and to apply, please get in touch with [email protected] .com. If this role isn’t for you, please feel free to drop him an email to discuss other opportunities within the space. – See more at: https://www.mcleanross.com/job/head-of-data-and-analytics-jobid-jh231#sthash.4NeLFYVE.dpuf