£50,000 – £55,000
Our client are a leading Utility company who have gained a majority market share after repeated success and industry awards. Due to this rapid growth across the Energy and Utility sector, they are looking to hire a Market Advisor.
The Senior Market Advisor role is to work closely with the Market Advisors to build a detailed knowledge of the electricity trading arrangements and wholesale markets across the Energy sector.
Main Responsibilities of the role
– To be a “subject matter expert” (SME) on the Balancing and Settlement Code’s (BSC) design, systems and processes
– Provide specialist advice and support both internally and to a wide breadth of stakeholders that include but are not limited to Electricity Generators, Suppliers, Agents, Traders, The Office of Gas and Electricity Markets (Ofgem) and Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy (BEIS)
– Analyse and develop/assess options for addressing issues arising in the operation of the balancing and settlement arrangements and present options to our stakeholders
– Undertake specific pieces of electricity market design and analysis work
– Provide SME support on the design, assessment and delivery of industry change
– Provide support, advice, guidance and training on the GB Electricity Trading Arrangements to customers, industry groups and staff .
Essential and Desirable Skills
– Have a good knowledge and experience of Central Volume Allocation of Electricity and Supplier Volume
– Allocation of Electricity as determined by BSC obligations, systems and processes and expert knowledge in certain sub areas
– Have a good knowledge and experience of electricity market arrangements
– Be aware of and able to explain the changes that are occurring within the GB Electricity Market and the potential impact that these changes may have on industry stakeholders
– Be proficient in the use of various data processing tools and techniques
– Relevant University Degree.
For more information and to apply for this exciting opportunity, please call us on 02074488599, or send your CV into us at [email protected]