Energy and Utilities
£45,000 – £60,000
Our client are an ambitious company, looking to change the way businesses and consumers interact with their electricity. This is an exciting opportunity to join an innovative Energy start-up and become instrumental in challenging and changing the smart grid space. They have extensive experience in energy trading, mergers & acquisitions and technology.
We are looking for an energetic and hard working person to join part of the analytics team as a commercial and pricing analyst. In this role, you will be working on a wide range of issues from supporting our sales team, to the pricing of their products and response to tenders.
- Pricing of our Virtual Power Plant ancillary service products and PPA products through in depth analysis and modelling. This includes competitor analysis, calculating the different risk premiums for our PPA business, etc.
- Keep up to date and disseminate wholesale market and ancillary service products knowledge across the company. This includes attending NGET, DNO and Ofgem events
- Market analysis and reports: power prices, ancillary services tender results
- Responding to NGET and DNO tenders: STOR, EFR, FFR, or others
- Various support to sales
- At least 2 years experience in the energy sector, ideally with good knowledge of some or all of the following:
- power markets
- PPA pricing
- ancillary services in the UK
- risk management
- Self motivation and autonomous
- Analytical mindset
- Knowledge of a programming language and unix commands or interest in learning a programming language (python preferred)
- Good MS office knowledge
For more information and to apply, please send in your CV into [email protected] or call in to hear more about this exciting opportunity on 02074488599