Salary: £60000 – £70000 per annum
Job type: Permanent
Our client, an exciting energy technology start up, seeks a Lead Engineer – Energy Storage to join their energy storage team. Reporting into the Head of Energy Storage, this role will be key in helping our client with their ambition to become a leading developer of energy storage, including but not limited to, battery systems.
This delivery role is critical in providing engineering and technical leadership and assurance across a range of areas relating to the development and delivery of energy storage solutions at a range of voltage levels.
The Lead Engineer – Energy Storage requires a broad range of technical and commercial expertise and a degree of flexibility, including taking the lead on establishing a portfolio of suitable storage technology partnerships, the review and assurance of technical designs, oversight of suppliers’ configuration and delivery/integration into customer sites or renewable installations and connection to the distribution or transmission grid. The role includes line management of a project engineer.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
A strong electrical engineering background, ideally to degree level, and at least 5 years’ of relevant work experience in one or more of the below:
- A robust understanding of power systems engineering
- A robust understanding of technical project delivery and project management methodologies
- Experience in leading both technical and commercial engagement with suppliers of energy storage and/or other HV electrical equipment, including for e.g. technical solution review, contract and warranty negotiation
- Experience in the specification, design, tendering or operation of HV electrical equipment for energy storage installations, such as transformers, switchgear, protection (preferably inverters and/or battery energy storage systems)
- Good understanding of the electricity industry (preferably in a renewable or other generation organisation, DNO innovation, or the wider electricity market);
The role is London based, with a competitive salary. Please get in touch with Catherine McLean at McLean Ross if you are interested.