Our client, an innovative energy company that owns and operates one of the UK’s largest power station, seeks an I&C Director to join their growing team.
Reporting into the COO, the newly formed role of I&C Director is an integral position within the Senior Management Team. The role holder will be accountable for the P&L of the I&C business unit and have full lifecycle responsibility – from developing the strategy and business plans, through to ongoing customer account management and delivering a sustainable and profitable I&C business.
The main responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Full P&L responsibility of I&C business unit.
- Develop a sales strategy that delivers the agreed sales volume and margin targets for the I&C market.
- Inspire, motivate, coach and develop all colleagues within the I&C business unit – recruiting and retaining a high performing team that is regarded as best in sector.
- Lead on the development, analysis, business case appraisals, and go to market execution of new product offerings and added value solutions targeting I&C customers.
- Use customer research, market insights and competitor analysis to drive both strategic and tactical decision making.
- Lead on commercial analysis and decision making using robust quantitative models to drive key decisions around pricing, profitability and risk management.
- Liaise with key stakeholders in the parent business to gain buy-in to I&C strategy – and, in particular, work closely to influence and agree on commercial decisions around hedging and risk management strategies.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Must be of graduate calibre.
- Ideally holds a post-graduate qualification such as an MBA
Knowledge & Experience
- Must have experience gained in the B2B energy retail, or an analogous trading or high volume commodity environment, where key commercial decisions are based primarily on robust quantitative models.
- Can demonstrate a track record of developing and executing profitable B2B sales strategies in highly competitive markets.
- A proven ability to build and nurture high performing teams.
- Demonstrable track record of presenting and negotiating on commercially complex contracts.
- Experience of influencing at Board level both internally and externally.
- Preferably has worked in an environment where brokers and/or third party intermediaries are involved (either as competitors or collaborators).
- Experience of managing a P&L account.
This role is based in the Southeast of England. The salary is £100,000-£120,000 with a 20% – 40% bonus opportunity. Please get in touch with Catherine McLean at McLean Ross if you are interested.