Our client, a boutique energy consultancy, seeks a COO to join their team. The COO will support the CEO to achieve his ambitious growth objectives by overseeing and having day-to-day responsibility for all operations.
S/he will be responsible for implementing and improving systems and processes that will strengthen the business. In particular, the COO will ensure that the company’s business development, client and account management, supplier arrangement, financial, IT, risk management, and staff management and development functions are optimised.
S/he will need to work collaboratively and productively with the CEO, the various function heads (i.e. finance, business development, account management, supplier relations, etc.) and with others to help execute the growth plan. Accordingly, the COO will have accountability and responsibility for key decisions in each functional area, whilst consulting with the CEO, as need. The COO will report to the CEO.
- At least 5 years of experience in a COO, Director of Operations or similar roles in a B2B service organisation
- Strategic thinker with a strong track record of creating strategic plans and turning them into tactical customer activity to achieve commercial objectives
- Strong financial acumen – budgeting, forecasting, financial analysis, working with internal and external accountant
- Ability to effectively manage, develop and mentor staff
- Extensive experience of building, leading and motivating teams to deliver outstanding results
- Experience of working in a fast-pace and high growth environment
- Highly articulate and skilled in explaining analyses, recommendations and decisions – persuasive and decisive, yet objective, a very good listener and collaborator
- Ability to build strong customer and stakeholder relationships, including client-facing experience – e.g. developing proposals, securing clients, managing accounts
- Undergraduate degree in business, management or finance from a reputable institution
- Several years of experience in the energy sector
- Familiar with the trends and challenges facing the energy sector
- MBA and / or other suitable professional qualification / degree from a reputable organisation
- Participation in the company bonus and pension schemes
- Greater London area
Please contact Catherine Mclean at McLean Ross today for more information.