Head of Regulation & Compliance
Our client are a specialist commercial electricity provider who are dedicated to providing bespoke, efficient solutions to businesses of all sizes across the UK. As their company continues to expand, our client are looking for an experienced, knowledgeable individual to become the Head of Regulation and Compliance. This is an opportunity to join a leading supplier- working closely with industry bodies to promote the company’s position within the sector, whilst ensuring the company is adhering to national regulatory policy.
We are looking for a proactive and organised individual to join our client’s growing team in their Ipswich office. The role involves closely monitoring changes and developments in National industry policy and using this information to identify impacts and opportunities for the company as a result.
- Working closely with Ofgem and other industry regulators to identify shifts in regulation and advise the client on business decisions as a result of these policies
- Actively influence the development of regulatory change by building a relationship with the regulatory bodies
- Ensure complete compliance of the company and continually monitor this
- Establish the company as a trusted supplier within the industry
- Propose and develop internal change programmes to ensure the company are continually maximising their performance within the industry
- Experience and detailed knowledge of electricity and gas retail regulation, with some knowledge of carbon reduction initiatives and the impact of these on business
- Working knowledge of smart meter implementation and how this national roll-out affects suppliers
- Experience working within senior management, communicating regularly with C-Level employees
- Ability to analyse lengthy legislation and translate it into clear, concise business advice
- Strong communicator who is capable of negotiating and influencing policy
- Strong business acumen with a particular focus on customer-centred decisions
- Self-autonomous and driven, works well as part of a team to achieve the best results
For more information and to apply, please send in your CV into [email protected] or call in to hear more about this exciting opportunity on 02074488599