Industry: Energy Consultancy
Location: Home Based – North West, South West & Wales, London & South East
Salary: Up to £50,000 + Car Allowance + Benefits
McLean Ross are engaged with a leading energy consultancy who are specialists within energy procurement and energy services. Our client in looking for a New Business Development Manager or ‘Hunter’ to increase the market share and uptake of the companies services by driving new sales opportunities within your assigned region.
You will lead the entire sales cycle from prospecting to the creation of client specific proposals, contract negotiation and closure, the Business Development Manager is responsible for ensuring that targets are met. The focus of the role is on securing relationships that build long-term client revenues and probability for the company through senior level customer engagement and interaction.
- Demonstrate a structured and targeted approach to business development prospecting primarily in a specified geographic location.
- Devising sales plans and strategies and using consultative selling techniques to develop effective solutions to meet clients’ needs and secure orders based around the services offered by the company.
- Compiling and delivering winning sales presentations and proposals and following up to closure.
- Responding to all sales enquiries and allocated sales leads and following up in a professional, timely and efficient manner.
- Ensure that all commercial controls are adhered to and that risks are identified at an early stage.
- Proactively establish and maintain effective working relationships with all company support teams to deliver a positive experience for all new clients.
- Maintain client data and records in keeping with company protocols and CRM systems.
- Provide MI detailing all sales, financial performance along with regular feedback on end users and competitors.
- Minimum Qualifications:
- You will have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a direct Sales/ Business Development role, preferably a business to business energy sales role.
- Must possess strong interpersonal communication and negotiation skills to identify opportunities and develop feasible solutions in a timely manner.
- Strategic thinker that can interpret the needs of the client and deliver a targeted solution
- Detail oriented with strong organisation and completion skills
- A self-starter with the ability to work under own initiative
For more information and to apply, please get in touch with [email protected] or call 0207 448 7230. Aimee specialises in placing commercial professionals in the SMART Technology space. If this role isn’t for you, please feel free to give her a call to discuss other opportunities within the space.