Our client are an ambitious software startup based in London. The company is at a very exciting stage, with a proven product, global interest from potential clients and a Series A fundraising round on the horizon. They are looking for an ambitious and passionate business developer to lead their commercial team in this exciting new international growth phase.
B2B experience (but not a traditionalist)
You will have experience in developing new business and maintaining accounts with large, regulated businesses across the world. Energy/utility sector experience is a must. It’s important that you have a track record in proposal development and contract negotiations in a complicated B2B sales cycle.
They are not looking for a traditionalist. They are fundamentally a technology startup. They want someone who understands highly scalable exponential systems and rapid build-measure-learn tactics. On the other hand, they are looking for someone who understands the slow pace of change at utilities (and the inevitable clash of demands/contradictions that this situation creates). They want someone who sees our challenges as an opportunity to prove that it can be done!
You will take responsibility in meeting growth targets (including revenue and partner sign-up targets). You will own the processes for go-to-market strategies, including marketing positioning, pricing, proposal development and contract negotiations. You’ll need to show examples of when you have done this successfully in the past.
You will be comfortable with international and domestic travel to customers, conferences, events, however this role will be mainly based in the London office. You will have a track record in hiring, managing and growing a dispersed global team. They are looking for someone that is process driven, who doesn’t optimise too early, but always has an eye for future scalability.
- Minimum 8 years commercial experience, plus 2 years managing a growing team
- Commercial team revenue responsibility (including new business and existing accounts)
- B2B partnerships / working with corporates
- Experience working in an entrepreneurial environment
- Contracting & commercial negotiations
- Energy sector experience
- SaaS product experience
- Global working/client experience
- Commercial strategy/market research & entry
- B2B Marketing experience
- Full time position in London office.
- Remote working possible (aim of >3days/week in the office)
- Candidates must already have permission to work in the UK (EU resident or working visa).
- Salary up to £55k – £70k (pro rata) depending on experience
- Share options available (following probation)
- Job starts September 2017
Contact Catherine McLean today for more information.