If you got a call from a producer asking you to appear on Sky News Sunrise or Radio Five Live to talk about energy policy, would you say yes? And if you did, could you get your point across despite being interrupted? In short, are you media savvy and camera ready?
This course is aimed at senior energy experts and spokespeople who may give print and broadcast interviews. Highly interactive and practical, it includes a series of realistic interviews with experienced journalists. This course gives you the skills and confidence to take control and deliver your key messages.
The full-day practical course covers:
- how the media operates & what journalists are looking for
- how to prepare for interviews and develop key messages
- how to conduct interviews for print, radio and TV
- how to take control of an interview and impose your own agenda
- how to control your nerves
- body language & dress