I am an experienced Senior Marketing Professional with over 15 years specialism within the Utilities sector.
While I have worked across all the marketing disciplines including; event management, campaign development and execution, PR, customer research, communications and advertising – for the past four years my focus has been on digital marketing. I am skilled at creating content for web and social media and understand SEO and online marketing.
I am a highly motivated, customer-focused, creative thinker with team leading experience. I thrive on variety and I am fast to pick up new projects.
Most recently, I was appointed to the judging panel of Energy Live News for their 2017 Energy Live Personality Awards; a role I’m delighted to fulfil, helping outstanding individuals gain the recognition they deserve.
To illustrate my capabilities please see a selection of my recent projects:
- Currently working with a new entrant to the energy market to build online capability and social media presence, including topical blog writing. Early results are new sales opportunities.
- Digital strategy development for Business Solutions sector of big six utility company, including review and commercial business case development for new customer platforms, resulting in new online functionality (nbsemq.com) and additional social media platforms.
- Leading change to new Content Management System (CMS) resulting in refreshed and optimised content, consistent templated pages, improved browse time statistics (up 24%) and improved SEO.
- Creation and roll-out of new information architecture. Over 50% reduction in duplicate / superfluous pages (leading to better management of website and cleaner visitor statistics) plus improved cross-links across site.
- Developed, launched and executed Industrial and Commercial social media strategy & online communications.
- Managed mandatory communications and energy industry legislative updates, working with policy experts to interpret the impact of changes on businesses. Resulting in positive PR for the company and enabling sales conversations.
- Creation of formal guidelines and best practice documentation ensuring compliant and visible processes.
- Management of webinars and roundtable events, including scripting, live tweeting, post event reports and social media amplification. Resulting in positive PR
- Led team to deliver high-profile conferences (npower Energy Debate) and sponsor exhibitions (lead sponsor at Energy Event) to promote Industrial & Commercial in a competitive sector. Activities included event promotion, speaker selection, promotional items, branding, brochures, video and post-event amplification. Result was positive PR and sales opportunities.
Why you should work with me
I love to get great quality work delivered fast – that’s what motivates me. With my industry and marketing experience, I can quickly understand new customer requirements and make value-adding recommendations. I’m up to date with industry news and aware of legislative changes. I’m confident to challenge a standard working approach if I can see there is a better way to accomplish a goal on behalf of a customer. I see myself as an extension of the customer’s team and take-on their business objectives as my own.