London’s Charing Cross station has been shut following a gas leak this morning.
More than 1,400 people were said to have been evacuated from a nightclub and a hotel.
London Fire Brigade said a ruptured gas main was detected and roads in the area were sealed off and a 100-metre cordon put in place.
Cadent Gas said it has repaired the leak on Craven Street and is now carrying out essential safety checks in buildings.
A 100-metre cordon is still in place for traffic and pedestrians at the station but the road is expected to be reopened later this morning.