The energy market’s changed over the last 7 days – keep up to date with the Haven Power market report.
Here’s a summary of the week:
- Wintry conditions returned to the UK over the weekend, but with less impact on the prompt price compared to week 9.
- Seasonal contracts lost value as the front of the price curve suffered losses.
- An increase in gas storage levels stimulated the National Balancing Point (NBP) and contributed to subsequent power losses.
- Oil prices were bullish, anticipating the U.S. broadcast of an interview with Saudi Arabia’s crown prince.
- National Grid called on pumped storage hydro to help reduce system stress.
The Market report is particularly relevant if you’re buying electricity flexibly, or about to sign or renew a fixed electricity contract. Getting these decisions right can reduce your vulnerability to price-peaks in the wholesale market and save you money.
For the details – and our weekly analysis of day-ahead power, imbalance prices, renewable power, seasonal contracts and annual power – simply check out the Haven Power website for the full market report.
This is a promoted article.