We are always on the lookout for good stories about the energy sector. If you think you have a story that we could use, please send it to [email protected].
We get lots of stories and press releases every day and most do not make it. Therefore, stories that you send should hit one or more of the following:
- Have an angle or edge – do not be afraid to be controversial and make sure the headline is strong and the meat of the story is in the first paragraph.
- Pick up on a talking point in the industry – add your voice and take the story further.
- Be a point of view – this enables others to agree or disagree, thus adding legs to the story.
- Have a strong ROI/savings element – the readers/viewers want to save money, are you providing that to them?
- Do not overtly sell your company or service – we can see through it, so can our readers/viewers.
If you are not sure what to write, we run regular coaching sessions on how to make an impact with your news story. Call Geoff on 020 8815 9222 or email him at [email protected].