Customers lead the charge in grid balancing through EVs

Octopus customers have taken part in an industry trial, using their electric cars to contribute to the stabilisation of the UK’s grid

Burger King and Iceland slam energy suppliers over cost concerns

Burger King and Iceland Foods have raised concerns about the impact of energy suppliers on rising cost of living

Social tariffs could save households £330 annually

The cost of implementation is estimated at approximately £1.4 billion, representing less than 4% of the government’s annual energy-related expenditure, according to a report

Global energy sector sees record emissions

Global carbon dioxide emissions from the energy sector reached an unprecedented high in 2022, according to the International Energy Agency

Residents near offshore wind farms enjoy 50% off energy bills

Octopus Energy has introduced a new offshore wind tariff, offering discounts of up to 50% on electricity bills to customers near offshore wind farms

E.ON offers free cavity wall insulation

The energy supplier is offering free cavity wall insulation, available to eligible households meeting specific criteria related to EPC ratings, council tax banding and qualifying benefits

UK councils face battle in making social housing energy efficient

Among 200 surveyed councils, just 18 achieved a C or higher EPC rating in 90% of their properties, according to a new report

New pylon neighbours set to cash in as electricity grid grows

Residents living near new pylons may receive cash payments as part of proposals to accelerate infrastructure development

ECO4’s bumpy start: Early months see drop in delivery

Heating measures accounted for approximately 67% of the measures reported under ECO4 until July 2023, with the remaining 33% comprising insulation measures

Moray Est
Moray East Wind Farm under scrutiny for £647m revenue

The Moray East wind farm in Scotland has come under scrutiny, with allegations of exploiting a loophole and receiving payments for non-production