Shell strikes more gas offshore Malaysia

Energy giant Shell has made another gas discovery at a block offshore Malaysia. The company said it found more gas at its deep-water Marjoran-1 well, which is located around 180 […]

Register now!

By Priyanka Shrestha

Energy giant Shell has made another gas discovery at a block offshore Malaysia.

The company said it found more gas at its deep-water Marjoran-1 well, which is located around 180 kilometres off the Malaysia coast in Block SK318.

Earlier this year, Shell announced the Rosmari-1 gas discovery in the same block.

Andrew Brown, Shell Upstream International Director said: “We have a long history in the region and the addition of new natural gas resources this year ensures we are able to continue to provide cost-effective, reliable, cleaner energy options for the future.”

Shell owns 85% of the block and the remaining 15% is held by Malaysian state oil firm Petronas.