The client, a well-established supplier of water and wastewater services, has an exciting opportunity for a Key Customer Manager to join their Business Retail team. Reporting into the Senior Key Customer Manager, the main purpose of the role will be to handle the most important accounts in the business.
You will develop and maintain strong working relationships with Key Customers at operational and strategic level, to retain those customers and maximise their value and ensure that they are satisfied with the service they receive.
The key is to retain these customers particularly during Market Liberalisation and beyond which will require rigorous account planning and implementation. This includes the identification and development of opportunities or projects that add value to customers.
Act as the single point of accountability for the relationship in all its aspects including, but not limited to, ensuring charging is correct and the customer understands the charging regime, payment record, development of special Agreements as required and upselling into these accounts to grow their profitability.
The successful candidate will have experience retaining a client base and developing and growing that client base as well as the following knowledge, skills and attributes:
- Strong business and technical knowledge of pricing policy
- Commercially astute, financially literate and able to demonstrate sales skills
- Ability to negotiate new special arrangements and commercial frameworks
- Strong awareness of wider business issues such as regulatory framework and competitive development within the Water industry
- Excellent negotiation skills and communication skills
- Ability to identify, establish and build key relationships in customers organisation
- Adept at Account planning and working to the plan
- Ability to network both within the company and externally
As well as the following competencies:
- Reaches Decision Makers: ability to get to decision makers at the beginning of the engagement process is critical. Identifying key decision makers will reduce number of and time nurturing ineffective relationships and therefore time spent on contacts that are not empowered to say “yes”.
- Effective Questioning and Listening-asking quality questions and intent listening. Pre-plan meetings, with specific questions that get the information required as smoothly as possible. Listen closely to best understand the customer issues.
The salary for this role is up to £44,000 base, company car, and 10% bonus. The role is home based. This role and the company as a whole offers great benefits and lots of opportunity for career progression.
To find out more, please get in touch by emailing Catherine McLean or calling her on 020 7448 8599.