Our client, a leading global smart energy technology provider, seeks a Business Development Manager to join their European team.
The purpose of the role is to provide sales, business development and commercial management services to existing and prospective customers and partners during pre-sales and post sales activities. To fulfil these responsibilities, the person needs to:
- Quickly learn and absorb business domain knowledge in renewable and distributed energy industry – especially Wind, Solar and Energy Storage.
- Quickly learn and understand the software products and solutions provided to their customers, related/complimentary technologies use and the competitive landscape.
- Assist pre-sales activities by providing product marketing support, software demonstrations, preparing sales and marketing materials, participating in solution design and workshops, responding to RFI/RFP’s, preparing, negotiating and closing commercial agreements with customers and partners.
- Travel to customer, partner and offices internationally.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Engineering, Renewable Energy, Sustainability or related majors. A good MBA post graduate degree (or equivalent) a plus.
- At least 5 years of working experience, at least 3 of which are working in client-facing Renewable Energy business development, sales and/or marketing roles. SaaS Sales/BD experience preferred.
- Experience of working with and creating value within European Power Utilities, Wind/Solar generation or energy related industries (particularly in using software/hardware/services to manage wind, solar and storage systems, is an advantage). A proven sales success track record is essential.
- Well-developed commercial/contract management skills (European contract experience is a plus).
- Experience with software sales planning methodologies and business development processes.
- Must be a strong analytical thinker with well-developed problem solving skills. Should be a quick learner, an effective networker, a team player and a pro-active self-starter with a can-do attitude.
- Native/Fluent English speaker with European and Chinese languages is an advantage.
London preferred (can include relocation allowance for exceptional candidates). Other major European hubs may also be considered. Salary is dependent on experience. Please get in touch with Catherine McLean at McLean Ross to apply.