Reporting to the Head of Sustainability
Our client is a global architectural and design practice based in South West London. They now have an opening for a Senior Sustainability Co–ordinator to join their award winning studios.
The Sustainability Group offers a wide range of design transforming skills to our projects at city, building and product scale. You will work from London on some of the most exciting projects throughout the world. You will be a senior member of a dynamic sustainability group, and will focus on sustainability assessments and their practical and evidence based application within our teams to transform our projects through sustainable design, procurement, construction and operational practice.
- To undertake, sustainability assessment to inform design for projects and competitions
- To recommend sustainability strategies for current projects and competition entries
- To develop a database of convincing information and tools and apply them to projects
- To conduct research into existing and emerging sustainability technologies and techniques and integrate the results into our projects and the practice
- To help develop, implement and administer sustainability training for LEED GA and AP assessment methodologies primarily BD+C, but supporting also NC and ID+C
- To run workshops and assess projects using LEED BD+C, ID+C and ND
- To monitor and evaluate sustainability in ongoing design projects and disseminate within the practice
- To oversee the sustainability induction for new starters
Qualities and skills required
- Able to demonstrate the ability to undertake the above responsibilities
- A good undergraduate and master’s degree with significant sustainability content
- Professional qualification (RIBA Part 3 or Chartered Engineer or Chartered Environmentalist or equivalent)
- Applying sustainability assessment to transform projects
- Applying social, environmental and financial factors to design, manufacture and construction
- Ability to communicate complex technical information in a non-technical manner
- Ability to assist with the training of junior members on the team
- Being inventive, resourceful, pro-active and enthusiastic about sustainability in design
- Having a flexible attitude and building good relationships at all levels, internally and externally
- Having experience of a variety of alternative global sustainable assessment procedures
Monday to Friday 9am – 6pm
£ Competitive salary
Benefits include: 25 days annual leave, annual bonus, pension, life assurance, subsidised gym membership, study leave, professional memberships, local business discounts and subsidised cafe.
Please get in touch with Catherine McLean on 0207 448 8599 or email [email protected] to discuss.