Industry: Energy Trading
Salary: Up to £55,000
Our client are a multi-award winning Energy Consultancy who deliver a full range of procurement and technology services. Their skills and expertise drive efficiency and deliver major cost savings across a number of categories. Arguably one of their top revenue streams are looking to expand their team in the North West within their trading arm. This expansion has triggered the need for an Energy Analyst.
The ideal person will be responsible for delivering high quality technical and fundamental market analysis to support the trading team, excellent portfolio management, including critical reporting on daily performance, P&L, risk positions and incoming commodity positions.
- Contribution to the overall P&L performance of the team through supporting traders with analysis, insight, strategy, challenge, reporting.
- Analysis of the wholesale market, in conjunction with the rest of the Wholesale Trading team, to support hedge optimisation strategy.
- High quality, fast and accurate P&L and performance reporting for hedge books.
- Trade entry management and position reconciliation.
- Commodity trade price quoting to business customers and third parties.
- Look for, design and deploy efficiency improvements in the operation of the team.
- Support the rest of the Commodity Trading team to ensure the support for and delivery of relevant projects , interacting closely with the wider business.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experienced in the energy industry, ideally in energy trading related areas (c. 2+ years of energy industry experience, ideally some part in trading related role) or other related industry with highly transferrable skillset.
- Experienced in data analysis, able to draw detailed conclusions from analysis and recommend actions with strong commercial rationale.
- Able to explain resultant strategies to the rest of the team and potentially the wider business.
- Able to spot and develop commercial opportunities by working across teams and counterparties to deliver additional value streams.
- Keen desire to learn and demonstrable high level of aptitude.
- Excellent numerical education background, educated to degree standard.