Industry: Energy Supply
Salary: £50,000 -£60,000
McLean Ross are partnered with an International energy supplier who are looking to enter the residential energy market in the UK. Their business focusses on building innovative energy products and services for their customers. With this expansion they are looking to recruit a Sales Manager to deliver sales strategies and targets for their supply business.
As the Sales Manager you will be tasked with delivering sales strategies and targets for their supply business. You will ensure achievement of customer acquisition and revenue growth targets. The position is a pivotal role for the organisations sales channel as you will be responsible for the all sales and new customer objectives.
- Managing all sales for the company and activities within the sales team
- Work closely with the Marketing Manager to develop an effective and sales and marketing strategy for the company to achieve company objectives
- Ensure co-ordination and execution of sales campaigns to plan
- Overall leadership of the sales team as well as a key contributor to the broader Sales and Marketing management team
- Inputs into development of product and pricing strategy to achieve business objectives and target market share
- Manage expenditure in line with relevant sales budget
- Build and manage relationships with 3rd parties including key price comparison websites as part of our sales channel mix
- Review performance of all sales channels based on KPIs. Identify and action improvements to achieve objectives
- Present sales, reports and realistic forecasts to the management team
- Manage customer on-boarding process including converting customer contracts into active accounts
- Ensure quality of customer acquisition efforts through quality checks, observations and customer interactions
- Identify upsell/cross sell opportunities within existing customer base and manage sales campaigns to achieve these objectives
- Manage process to identify and target high-value customers for focused retention campaigns
- Identify emerging target customer groups and energy market shifts while being aware of new products and competition status
- Proven sales and customer on-boarding experience is essential (minimum 5 years), with knowledge of the GB energy markets a distinct advantage
- Experience with multiple sales channels including digital, price comparison websites, in person, door-to-door, inbound, outbound, third party referrals, etc.
- Analytical, planning and reporting skills
- Excellent negotiating, interpersonal and influencing skills
- Proven ability to motivate and lead teams
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Good judgement, risk awareness and decision making skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close
- Strong business sense and industry expertise
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
For more information and to apply, please get in touch with [email protected]m or call 0207 448 7230. Aimee specialises in placing commercial professionals in the SMART Technology space. If this role isn’t for you, please feel free to give her a call to discuss other opportunities within the space.