To stay up to date with the week’s energy market changes, check out the Haven Power market report covering the past 7 days.
Here’s a summary of the week:
- Brent Crude prices surged, thanks to the threat of supply cuts from Saudi Arabia.
- Milder weather subdued day-ahead prices.
- National Grid paid offshore wind projects to stop generating, leading to a period of negative imbalance prices.
- Combined Cycle Gas Turbine (CGT) plants also paid to not generate, to save on fuel costs.
- The price of carbon exerted influence over the UK power curve.
This report is particularly relevant if you’re buying electricity flexibly, or about to sign or renew a fixed electricity contract. Getting these decisions right can reduce your vulnerability to price-peaks in the wholesale market and save you money.
For the details – and our weekly analysis of day-ahead power, imbalance prices, renewable power, seasonal contracts and annual power – simply check out the Haven Power website for the full market report.
This is a promoted article.