Renewables Jobshop is working with RES Offshore which has world leading expertise in the delivery of offshore wind farm projects. Development, construction and operational processes are supported by extensive in-house technical and engineering skills. RES Offshore has had an active and successful project delivery presence in all offshore wind leasing rounds in the UK, through all project phases.
Early in 2010, RES Offshore extended its services into the wave and tidal energies market and we are progressively expanding our capabilities to meet the needs of that global community.
We are now seeking to expand our marine energy project delivery resources with a Project Development Manager/Senior Development Manager.
The successful candidate will report to the Marine Energies Manager and will be based in East Kilbride.
For each project under your control, you will:
- Prepare and maintain project plans, programmes and budgets,
- Manage according to RES’s quality procedures with emphasis on commercial risk awareness and with a solutions mentality,
- Interface closely and report regularly to the internal or external client,
- Provide project leadership to all internal staff and external consultants,
- Work closely in a project management team with the engineering and technical coordinators, ensuring that information flows are controlled and that necessary linkages are identified,
- Manage the planning, environmental assessment and consenting processes, drawing upon internal and external resources as required, developing clear specifications for the baseline definition work and for the consenting envelope,
- Lead on stakeholder engagement, maintaining an outcomes focus,
- Manage all project development phases from early site feasibility assessment through to preparation for due-diligence and financing.
Marine energies are not yet technically and commercially mature and thus far there is no extensive body of experience to inform project design and deployment. Development of a viable project requires a high degree of creativity and risk awareness.
Depending upon changing resourcing requirements, you may also be assigned to Offshore Wind projects.
You will have 3 years experience as a development project manager, either with direct experience of onshore/offshore wind or marine or with experience in an analogous industry.
You will have 3 years experience and knowledge of consenting systems and the management of stakeholders – knowledge of marine regimes would be an advantage but is not essential.
You will have the ability to develop a working level knowledge of all key technical, engineering, planning, environmental and commercial issues that relate to your projects and will be able to test relevant advice to ensure robust outcomes.
You will have 3 years exposure to project management tools and techniques and will have project team leadership qualities.
You will be well-organised but creative with a particular eye for risk identification and management and you will have excellent communications skills.
Prior experience of working in a marine or offshore context, whether environmental or technical, is desirable but not essential.
Sector: Tidal Energy, Wave Power
Discipline: Project Development, Project Management, Senior Management
Location: East Kilbride
Salary: £30,000 to £50,000 per annum + bonus, healthcare & pension
Job Ref: OS-MPDM