Net Zero consultancy Energise are looking to expand their team and are seeking to employ someone who can not only do ‘The Job’, but questions it and then seeks to improve it.
Energise are currently seeking a Senior Software Developer to join a growing team. To achieve success in the role you will need to work effectively, have good communication & problem-solving skills, and the ability to work with complex software while seeing the wider picture.
- able to build great relationships on a foundation of trust, respect and vulnerability?
- a natural problem solver and solution finder?
- a self-starter and able to use your own initiative?
- passionate about sustainability, and excited about what we do and how you could contribute to that?
- efficient in your use of time?
- friendly and approachable?
- committed to personal growth and professional development?
- ready to cause good trouble?
If you answered yes to all the above, then read on…
As a Software Developer you will help design, build and implement software to support Energise’s mission to be the catalyst for 1% of the UK to go Net Zero by 2025. You will support us in developing our end-to-end Net Zero solutions and mobile engagement platform(s) to deliver Net Zero for Corporates, SMEs, and individuals, families and communities. You will work with a high level of autonomy, whilst also combining as a close collaborative unit with two existing colleagues who already support this area to solve challenges and guarantee success. As a new role, there is an opportunity for you to have a unique impact on our mission.
As part of this role, you will be expected to:
- Work with other developers to design algorithms and flowcharts
- Produce clean, efficient code based on specifications
- Provide support for the management of our database(s)
- Integrate software components and third-party programs
- Verify and deploy programs and systems
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing software
- Code and modify documents; review API documentation for accuracy
- Perform code analysis, code reviews, and software reliability analysis
- Resolve problems with software and respond to suggestions for improvements and enhancements
- Gather and evaluate user feedback
- Recommend and execute improvements
- Collaborate with the wider team to identify functionality improvements that will enhance the customer experience
- Create technical documentation for reference and reporting
- Stay up to date with new technology trends
- Assist with software project management and reporting
- Perform other duties as assigned
Essential Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience is required
- Experience with UI/UX design
- Full development life cycle experience from requirements analysis through coding and release
- Solid understanding of API design and implementation
- Must be able to work in a collaborative team environment, which includes discussions around creative reviews, giving and receiving constructive feedback to and from fellow team members and clients
Frameworks: React, Vue, AngularJS, Node.js, .NET
Databases: SQL Server
- Experience leveraging back-end technologies to integrate server-side capabilities into front-end code such as REST, JSON, ASP.NET, SQL Server etc.
- Experience with ZOHO Creator and the ZOHO suite of applications
Skills you will gain
- Further development of your development skills
- Exposure to new languages and frameworks
- Opportunities to be involved in innovative projects in a fast-growing business
- Opportunities to be involved in mobile app development
This is an intermediate level role, and the below career path is an indication of the incremental steps which can be achieved within Energise subject to a role being available and the required skills being reached:
- Senior Developer
- Development Lead
- Head of
- Salary of £32,125 – £40,800 (dependent on experience)
- Pension Scheme
- Unlimited Annual Leave policy
- Bonus scheme (employee and company-performance related)
- Additional benefits information is available on Our Impact page
How to Apply
If you feel this role is for you and you have the relevant experience, passion and enthusiasm, find out all about it by following this link and filling in an application as directed by the portal.
Data will be anonymised before submission to the department for consideration for the role to reduce the risk of unintentional discrimination.
Your deadline to apply is 18th March.
Please do not call or email if you are a recruitment agency.
Energise is committed to a policy of diversity, equity and inclusion in its recruitment process. We actively and consciously seek to recruit without bias on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, gender, marital status, disability, beliefs (religious or other), age or sexual orientation of that employee.