Senior Process Energy Consultant – This is the role that McLean Ross has presently.
The client offers carbon, energy and water consultancy services to organisations across a wide range of sectors. Due to growth within the team, they seek to hire a new Senior Process Energy Consultant. The role will be home based covering the UK.
Reporting into the Consultancy Manager, the main responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- Delivery of direct fee earning and project manage consultancy projects
- Specific focus on process energy
- Delivery to quality and within budget and deadline
- Develop new products and utilise Intellectual Property to maintain commercial advantage
Scope of Work:
- Delivery of fee earning energy consultancy work including:
- Building fabric and building services
- General energy consuming processes:
- Chillers and chilled water systems
- Compressed air generation and distribution
- Lighting systems and control
- Specific industrial processes
- Renewables and low carbon technologies
- Compliance (CRC, CCA, EU-ETS etc.)
- Metering, sub-metering and aM&T
- Standards (inc. ISO 50001)
- Energy strategy and integration with wider corporate goals (Sustainability & Corporate Social Responsibility)
- Process energy modelling and mapping
- Degree (preferably in engineering)
- Incorporated Engineer, Chartered Status or equivalent preferred
- Professional membership of Energy Institute or equivalent.
- Maintain CPD recognised by professional body
- Carbon trust or similar accreditation preferable
Knowledge & Experience:
- Over five years’ experience in energy sector preferably consultancy
- Communication skills particularly report writing
- General knowledge of the energy sector with at least 1 specialism
- Knowledge of tender process and proposal writing
- Strong consulting skills with the ability to identify high quality solutions to client issues
- Organisational skills and project management
- Business development / growth in consultancy or clean technology sector
- Prefer working knowledge of Intellectual Property protection and exploitation
- Driving Licence and willing to work nationally and internationally
The salary for this role is £40,000-£45,000 base with a company car and bonus. Additional benefits such as private medical are also available.
If you are interested in this role, please email [email protected].