UK Power Networks owns, operates and manages three of the fourteen electricity distribution networks (DNOs) in Great Britain and we deliver electricity to eight million customers. We are a pure network operator, we do not generate or buy electricity nor do we sell it to end customers.
Our key responsibility is to ‘keep the lights on’ for the customers connected to our network and:
- Maintain the safety and reliability of our electricity networks
- Efficiently connect new customers, including generators, to our electricity networks
- Restore supply to customers who experience an interruption as quickly as possible
- Use innovation appropriately to continually improve efficiency together with the services we provide to our customers
- Facilitate a low-carbon environment by investing in assets, processes and initiatives that minimise the effect that our network has on the environment
- Extend and upgrade the network to meet our customers’ future needs