£50,000 – Dartford
Our client, a global energy consultancy, seeks a European Energy Procurement Manager to join their team. The purpose of the role is to provide energy procurement consulting services to each assigned client; including, but not limited to: RFP development, market assessment, risk management, strategy development, contract negotiation, contract management, and product management.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Degree level – Economics, Finance, Maths, Business or Engineering
- Project management skills – ability to manage competing client/supplier demands, liaise with energy suppliers and adhere to internal quality standards often to tight deadlines
- Able to speak additional one or two European languages (French, German, Spanish, Dutch etc.) THIS IS ESSENTIAL.
In addition, the following experience is required:
- Several years of energy procurement experience, either buying or selling retail energy
- Experience and expertise in all deregulated energy markets
- Direct experience of electricity or gas fixed and advanced flexible contract negotiation and trading gained either within an energy supply company or in a procurement or consultancy role is essential
- Advanced knowledge of global markets, with detailed understanding required for global gas and electricity fundamentals, and the impact of oil, coal, carbon, economics, equities and geo-political drivers
- Experience in complex data analytics including energy related pricing and market modelling.
The role is based in Greater London. The salary is very competitive with a generous benefits package. Please get in touch with Ned Menheneott at McLean Ross if you are interested. – Ned Menheneott