The Haven Power Market Report
Keep up to date with energy market changes over the last 7 days with the Haven Power market report.
It’s particularly relevant if you’re buying electricity flexibly, or about to sign or renew a fixed electricity contract. Getting these decisions right can reduce your vulnerability to price-peaks in the wholesale market and save you money. Here’s a summary of the week:
- High wind output kept day-ahead prices in control.
- Oil and coal commodity prices continued their fall in value.
- Nuclear availability improved after the 600MW Torness plant returned to operations.
- The system operator didn’t need generation from pumped hydroelectric storage, as high wind output caused supply to outstrip demand
- The threat of strike action in Colombia’s largest mine contributed to coal price weakness.
For the details – and our weekly analysis of day-ahead power, imbalance prices, renewable power, seasonal contracts and annual power – simply check out the full market report on the Haven Power website.
This is a promoted article.