Keep up to date with energy market changes over the last seven days with the Haven Power market report.
It’s particularly relevant if you’re buying electricity flexibly, or about to sign or renew a fixed electricity contract. Getting these decisions right can reduce your vulnerability to price-peaks in the wholesale market and save you money.
Here’s a summary of the week:
- Day-ahead prices rose, feeling the effects of the impending cold weather front, despite relatively high wind output.
- Bullish prompt gas prices paved the way for coal generation.
- The UK and north western Europe are set to experience below seasonal-norm temperatures during week 9, which will likely lead to higher prices.
- National Grid used flexible generation to help balance the system.
- Oil prices continued their recent upward trend as US inventories reduced.
For the details – and our weekly analysis of day-ahead power, imbalance prices, renewable power, seasonal contracts and annual power – simply check out the Haven Power website for the full market report.
This is a promoted article.