The Haven Power market report updates you on the week’s changes in the energy market.
Here’s a summary of the week:
- Renewables contribute over 45% of UK generation mix.
- High renewable output pushes day-ahead baseload prices to lowest level since February.
- UK almost avoids coal-fired generation.
- National Grid uses flexible pumped storage hydro generation to ease system stress.
- European carbon price being up 25% in the month directs UK power curve.
This market report is particularly relevant if you’re buying electricity flexibly, or about to sign or renew a fixed electricity contract. Getting these decisions right can reduce your vulnerability to price-peaks in the wholesale market and save you money.
For the details – and our weekly analysis of day-ahead power, imbalance prices, renewable power, seasonal contracts and annual power – simply check out the full market report on the Haven Power website.
This is a promoted article.