The Haven Power market report is your weekly update on energy market changes over the last 7 days.
Here’s a summary of the week:
- The recent downward trend in prices continued for most UK power contracts.
- High wind output caused a significant drop in UK day-ahead price.
- Saudi Arabia and Russia hinted at oil production rises, pushing UK gas and power prices down.
- National Grid reduced wind generation, resulting in negative system prices.
- The EU informally agreed to increase 2030 renewable energy target to 32%.
This market report is particularly relevant if you’re buying electricity flexibly, or about to sign or renew a fixed electricity contract. Getting these decisions right can reduce your vulnerability to price-peaks in the wholesale market and save you money.
For the details – and our weekly analysis of day-ahead power, imbalance prices, renewable power, seasonal contracts and annual power – simply check out the Haven Power website for the full market report.
This is a promoted article.