EDF completes 24.6MW wind farm in Quebec

A subsidiary of EDF’s renewable arm has completed the construction of a 24.6MW community wind project in Quebec. The La Mitis wind farm consists of 11 turbines and is expected […]

Register now!

By Priyanka Shrestha

A subsidiary of EDF’s renewable arm has completed the construction of a 24.6MW community wind project in Quebec.

The La Mitis wind farm consists of 11 turbines and is expected to contribute around C$61,500 (£34,000) to the community during a 20-year period.

It is located in the unorganised territory Lac-à-la-Croix in the Lower St Lawrence region. Electricity generated will be delivered to Hydro-Quebec Distribution as part of a 20-year power purchase agreement (PPA).

Noël Lambert, Prefect of MRC La Mitis said: “The development of green and sustainable energy is a critical issue for our MRC and its 16 municipalities and the ability to share in the revenues from the sale of electricity while providing diversification of funding sources presents a great opportunity for the local communities to benefit from the direct impact.”

Community partner Energie renouvelable de la Mitis owns 30% of the project while EDF EN Canada holds the remaining 70%.